Heavenly Father, on this Pentecost Sunday we pray that your church may yield to your Holy Spirit in everything; that we will acknowledge the Lordship of Jesus Christ and keep in step with Your Spirit in life and service.
We pray this day for the renewal of the church, your church throughout the world.
Come Holy Spirit, renew your church:
- We pray that we as your church may be unified, that all people may know the truth of the Gospel and come to receive your love and lordship.
- We pray that we as your church may be holy, that by the transforming power of the Holy Spirit we might be people who take on the character of Jesus Christ, revealing the fruit of the Spirit (the fruit of the new life in Christ, with death to the fruit of our old self-driven lives).
- We pray that we as your church will be faithful to the mission you have given us and that empowered by the Holy Spirit we will proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ to all people, everywhere we go.
We pray this day for the renewal of the earth, for all that you have made in love.
Come Holy Spirit, renew the earth in your creative power that we may know and see your grace and love displayed in all of creation, in the earth, the water, the resources, the beauty, created for your glory and our provision.
We pray this day for the renewal of human culture, for all dimensions of the lives of all peoples and all nations.
Come Holy Spirit, renew all human culture. Forgive and redeem the cultures of the world where we have strayed and lead us back to you: for governments around the world that they may provide justice and protection and order, for businesses that they may provide meaningful employment and helpful services and goods, for fine arts and music to creatively lead our thoughts and minds toward you, our Creator.
We pray this day for Your forgiveness and restoration.
Come Holy Spirit, forgive and restore us:
- forgive us for we have fractured your church,
- we have wasted the resources of this earth and failed to see your hand in all that you have made,
- we have corrupted our cultures in our sinful unbelief and evil practices.
Forgive us and restore us by the power of your Holy Spirit, and draw us to you as we worship you here and throughout the world. Be glorified in all the earth O Lord and Savior. Amen.
Hear our prayer in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.