Let us pray together,
Eternal God, Father of us all, we give thanks to You this day for the lives that you have given us. As we gather as a college community:
- We are aware that our lives have been touched with joy, for these joys may we offer sincere gratitude.
- We are aware that our lives have been touched with friends and family, for each of them we give thanks and pray that your mercies and goodness attend them.
- We are aware that our lives have been touched with stresses and pains, as we face them, may no adversity lead us to despair, but instead in all of our struggles may we find your grace is sufficient and your love bountiful.
- We are aware that our lives have been touched with Your loving presence. May we together share in the fellowship of the Holy Spirit and express Your love to one another in all our interactions.
God of all wisdom and knowledge, we acknowledge You as the source of all truth. As we gather in this special community we share some things in common:
- We share a hunger and thirst to know your truth and to apply your truth in the diversity of areas and academic disciplines represented in this community.
- We share a desire to apply ourselves and give our best to our vocation as students, teachers, and life time learners.
Make our study and learning to be meaningful and profitable for the living of Your purposes in our lives. May our research and our questions lead us ever closer to You and to Your ways as we live for Your glory.
God and Savior of the whole world, who revealed your love and salvation in Jesus Christ, your only Son, let the witness of our college to the Christian Faith be strong in both our community and the world. As an institution and as individual members of this community may we reflect Your image and character in all of our words and actions.
Hear our prayers in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who taught us to pray together,
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, In earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, And forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory forever. Amen.