O Heavenly Father, You have shown us your great and deep love for us in Jesus Christ your son. And because of your great love for us we today join with your people throughout many generations and praise the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Let the name of the Lord be praised today, throughout all the earth. From the rising of the sun till it’s setting, both now and throughout all eternity, may the name of the Lord be praised.
As we come to you today, there are many things the occupy our minds and make our hearts anxious, but you are on the Throne over all the earth, and we know that you are not worried about the future, you are not anxiously fretting as are we, you are the mighty God and you have all things in your hands, nothing escapes your sight. Yet in your majesty, you stoop to our weakness and care for all of us whom you have made.
You raise the poor from the dust and lift the needy from ashes; O Lord, hear us as we pray today, for some of us are among the poor and needy.
- Some of us are poor in health and we need your strength, your comfort, your healing touch, that we will be well again and give praise to You.
- Some of us are poor in our spiritual life – we have been running from you and your call upon our lives, we need your forgiveness and a second chance, another chance to come and walk in your way.
- Some of us are poor in our hearts, our attitudes are not good and we are taking it out on people around us; touch us and bring us to our senses that we might truly live for you.
- Some of us have financial need or need for employment. Lord, hear our prayers.
- Some of us are needy because of a great loss in our lives, the loss of a loved one, the loss of a job, the loss of a friend. God heal our hearts; help us to grieve as people with hope. Save us from despair and cause us to turn to you and praise you again.
Hear also our prayers for our families and homes. Hear the prayers of young people praying for their parents to come to know you and to live godly lives. Hear the prayers of parents praying for their children; those who pray for the young children to grow in the knowledge of Christ and walk in His ways and those who are praying for their adult children who have wandered from you and your love and need to rediscover your mercy and grace.
Hear us O Lord; hear our prayers of petition this day. Hear our praises we lift you alone!