Our Heavenly Father, giver of all good gifts, we give thanks to you this day for your gift of mothers. We thank you for our mothers, we thank you for all mothers, and we thank you for those women in our lives who are not are mothers, yet in spirit and in action reach out and care for us as a mother would. We thank you for mothers who have been an example to us of the Christians Faith, those who are led by the Spirit of God in their lives.
Grant that we might be more appreciative of all that mothers do for us. Grant that we might speak words of thanks and love more often and words of complaint much less.
For the mothers of our lives we pray your blessings of peace and joy; strengthen them in faith, in hope, and in love. Encourage them in days when they feel overwhelmed with the many tasks and problems of life. Encourage them when they feel insecure, insufficient for the job, like they have failed. Lift their eyes beyond the moments of a particular day and help them to see the big picture of mothering along with the successes that are theirs in raising and caring for us their children and their families, as well as those who they have influenced beyond their own families.
- Father, we pray for those whose mothers have finished life’s course. Comfort all who grieve the loss of their mother’s this day.
- We pray for mothers today, who have lost a child, knowing that a day like mother’s day can open the wounds of grief and pain as they are reminded. We pray for the many mothers of this country and the world who mourn today, because they have lost a son or daughter in the battles and fighting of war. Bring your strength, comfort, and assurances to those who need you today due to such a great loss.
- For those women who desire greatly to be mothers, but have not been able to bear children, grant them your peace and grace that they may discover your goodness and joy in their lives.
- We pray for any who have never known their birth mothers. Grant them peace in the unknown things of life and grant that they might take joy in those who have been mothers to them in spirit and in action.
- We pray for those mothers we know who have yet to accept your salvation, may their hearts be opened unto you.
- For any who have tensions and struggles in their relationship with their mothers, grant this day to be an opportunity for new life and reconciliation. May love conquer a multitude of sins, may love bring new life.
Father, we know that none can live out a godly and righteous life without you, so pour out your Holy Spirit upon our mothers and all women who seek to serve you in love. May their lives find satisfaction and deep joy in serving you and your purposes in this world.
We worship you and honor you today O Lord, thanking you for your beautiful and holy design of motherhood and its impact on our lives. Father, you are the giver of all gifts. Today we thank you for our mothers, bless them today and always through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.